After viewing several music videos in the Rap genre I found one that displays what society finds to be masculine. A famous Rap artist Usher, is known for his songs which include how women are sex objects and should be taken home only to be used. In his song "Love In This Club" Usher describes how he wants to have sex in the club with a girl. As shown in the music video, the girl is viewed as a trophy or prize that he is trying to win. I picked this video because it's a good example of how society views women, and how men are expected to act to win women.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
Masculinity
After viewing several music videos in the Rap genre I found one that displays what society finds to be masculine. A famous Rap artist Usher, is known for his songs which include how women are sex objects and should be taken home only to be used. In his song "Love In This Club" Usher describes how he wants to have sex in the club with a girl. As shown in the music video, the girl is viewed as a trophy or prize that he is trying to win. I picked this video because it's a good example of how society views women, and how men are expected to act to win women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice analysis! Thanks for including the video. I really like how you mentioned that the girl is viewed as a "trophy" that he is trying to "win". Women are portrayed that way so often in the media - like game to be hunted!
ReplyDeleteThanks for including the video. I had heard the song before but never took the time to watch the video. You are so right, Usher and many other male artist see women as a prize they are trying to win. It also conveys the message that women must act a certain way in order for men to want them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for including the video. I had heard the song before but never took the time to watch the video. You are so right, Usher and many other male artist see women as a prize they are trying to win. It also conveys the message that women must act a certain way in order for men to want them.
ReplyDelete