http://news.wgbh.org/2017/01/03/news/falsehoods-lies-and-challenge-covering-donald-trump
Sunday, February 26, 2017
The L-word
In the past few months we have heard and read many articles pertaining to the question if news media is continuing to fail at challenging claims made by politicians or if they are returning to the original purpose of news media, and challenging them. I see some points in which the news media is starting to challenge claims made by President Donald Trump, but it is a little bit too late. I believe that the news media is trying to cover their tracks from when they failed to challenge the claims the President made. In the link below you will find an article about the lies that the president has been caught in already. In this article it states that though the news media knows that the claims stated were lies, they were not inclined to call out the President because it would make them look as if they were no objective. They even go as far as to refer to the word "liar" as the "l-word." I believe this causes big problems in the news media world because if we, as listeners, don't have the resources to tell us what is and what isn't a lie, how can we trust anything?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that the article you have chosen is really great and shows a lot to what is going on today. As citizens we do need to be more aware of what is being told to us, not just stand by and choose not to listen.
ReplyDeleteIt is absolutely insane how many lies Trump has told already. This is not acceptable. I am glad that there is record and coverage of these though, and that people are able to identify these falsehoods.
ReplyDelete